This one goes out to NYCathy, who has a super-chic N-Y-C A-P-T, complete with a murphy bed (aka The Murph) and no oven – AH! Which means this gal needs to get creative with her cooking. Cue the crockpot! And what better to crock up during these bitter cold winter months than some good old Guinness Beef Stew (sorry veggo friends!).
I found this recipe somewhere online, but tweaked it a bit to make it more of a “D friendly” recipe (aka, as easy as possible).
What You’ll Need:
- 2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 4 carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 celery stalks, cut into chunks
- 3 pounds cubed stew meat
- 1 medium onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, halved
- 16 ounces of tomato sauce
- 1 can low sodium beef broth (15 3/4 ounce)
- 1 envelope lipton onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces Guinness Stout (Might want to double in case you get thirsty)
- Whatever other spices strike your fancy
What You Do:
- Brown meat
- Throw everything in the crock pot
- Turn crock pot on low and ignore for 8 hours
Don’t forget to make some biscuits to go with it! Yum yum!!