As I mentioned before, me and the hubster don’t really do a lot for Valentine’s Day. Truth be told, I fully believe it’s a total Hallmark Holiday and an opportunity for businesses to market to the masses (although I always appreciate a good marketing opportunity). That being said, I don’t understand the Valentine’s Day haters…I mean, it’s a day to celebrate LOVE…and you shouldn’t hate on love. Law of the universe.
So here are my top 5 reasons to love Valentine’s Day:
- While we should tell the people in our life that we love them everyday, we probably don’t, so we can use the in-your-face reminder once a year.
- It’s a day to stop and evaluate ALL the people you love, and who love you back. Even if you don’t have a significant other, I guarantee there’s love worth celebrating in your life.
- Because if you wake up on 2/14, alive, breathing, and in good health — love that, and celebrate it.
- It’s better to give than to receive, so use the day to think of someone you know who needs a little extra love, and send it their way. You never know how far a little bit of love will go.
- The Beatles said All You Need Is Love, and if the Beatles said it, then you know it’s true. (Well, they also said we all live in a yellow submarine, but we’ll consider that the exception)