This weekend is “Joey & Diana’s Big Apple Adventure” aka Joey’s Christmas gift coming to fruition. We’re off to NYC Saturday morning with little on the agenda except for having a good time. We both like to plan as we go along, Joey more so than me, but I’m learning to enjoy his ‘figure it out as we go along’ style of travel.
Of course, since this will be my first time playing tour guide in New York and Joey’s first time in the city that never sleeps, I’ve had to organize myself a little so we maximize our weekend and don’t waste time doing circles. It’ll be like a Choose Your Own Adventure book – where there’s a framework built but the story is what you make of it.
Here’s my list of possible things to do and see, we’ll revisit next week to see how much we accomplished:
- Visit Rockefeller Center (Maybe do Top of the Rock, but someone, not saying any names here, is scared of heights…so it’s a big maybe.)
- Visit Times Square
- Eat at one of Bobby Flay’s restaurants (Bar Americain is right near our hotel, I may or may not have made a brunch reservation that I may or may not tell Joey about.)
- Get a slice of authentic NY pizza
- Check out a Museum
- Go to FAO Schwarz
- Walk around Central Park (I may or may not be plotting a way to get Joey to agree to a carriage ride. So super touristy, but something you need to do once in your life.)
- Eat at Eataly (Hazlenut Gelato here I come.)
- Try and score cheap tickets to a show
- See St. Patrick’s Cathedral
- Visit Little Italy
- See the Flatiron Building
- Get a Gray’s Papaya hot dog
Should I start fasting now? Stay tuned for more!